I am so privileged and elated to have been invited to join a new all-male group of stampers from around the world; The Gentlemen Crafters Design Team
presently consisting of seven stampers/paper crafters. This represents a number of firsts for me, my first blog-hop, my first video blog post, and my first time receiving exposure to stampers all over the world. I hope you all enjoy what I share here today. Mosaic Tile Is The Inspiration
From the moment I first saw the Mosaic Moods DSP - I knew I was going to create some beautiful cards with this glossy accents paper, and I knew that I would be fussy cutting all those roses and humming birds and popping them up to be 3D. They are simply GORGEOUS!
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought about this, and I have indeed seen many beautiful card designs from my fellow crafters doing just that. I don't propose to present anything earth shattering or totally unique here - just my creative take on how to use these beautiful papers in a couple simple ways.
I'm rarely in the position to have all the parts of a suite, so I try to create the most I can with just the DSP, and maybe the stamp set. I present here for you today, six cards that you can easily make with just the DSP and any stamp sets and paper you have at your disposal. I did use one embossing folder, but it is not absolutely necessary if you don't own one - your cards will be just as beautiful using what you have. Please enjoy.
Red & Green Corner Matte Cards
Very Vanilla Rose & Humming Bird Cards
- - Card bases are Mossy Meadow and Real Red cut at 8.5" x 5.5" and scored in the middle at 4.25"
- - Black matte cut at 3.25" x 4.25" - popped up on dimensionals
- - White base piece cut at 3" x 4"
- - Strips of the red curved swoosh and green leaves DSP cut at 3" wide strip vertically from sheet
Whisper White Landscape Rose & Humming Bird Cards
- - Card bases are Thick Very Vanilla cut at 8.5" x 5.5" and scored in the middle at 4.25"
- - Matte piece from Very Vanilla thin cut at 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and run through the Mosaic Tile embossing folder or another embossing folder of your choice
- - Fussy cut roses and humming birds popped up on dimensionals
- - Sequins, rhinestones, faceted or sparkly enamel dots
- - Card bases are Thick Whisper White cut at 11" x 4.25" and scored in the middle at 5.5"
- - Matte piece cut from Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Chocolate Chip, etc. at 5.25" x 4"
- - Base piece cut from Whisper White thin at 5" x 3/75"
- - Strips of decorative DSP cut from sheet of coloured bars
- - Fussy cut roses glued flat, and humming birds popped up on dimensionals
Be Sure To Visit All The Amazing Crafters In Our Blog Hop